The purpose of this notice is to announce the availability of emergency supplemental funding to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the COVID-19 emergency response for the American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) tribal nations with populations over 40,000 and AI/AN regional tribally designated organizations that were previously awarded funding under Strategy 1 of CDC-RFA-OT18-1803: Tribal Public Health Capacity-Building and Quality Improvement Umbrella Cooperative Agreement. Funding associated with this announcement is awarded under Strategy 2 of CDC-RFA-OT18-1803.
Funding Strategy 2 is subject to the availability of appropriated funds and agency priorities. Under Funding Strategy 2, CDC publishes and competes CIO project plans according to geographic categories. There are two COVID-19 Emergency Response Project Plans project plans attached to this announcement:
- COVID-19 Emergency Response for Regional Tribally Designated Organizations
- Applicants must be able to provide management and oversight of subawards, contracts, or other funding streams to tribal nations within their service area to focus on tribes with the greatest burden and needs.
- Applicants should work with their tribal epidemiology center (TEC) on data, epidemiology, and surveillance activities when feasible.
- Applicants must be able to conduct regional planning, coordination, communication, and other COVID-19 response activities that would benefit tribes in their geographical region and service area.
- COVID-19 Emergency Response for Tribal Nations (Population >40,000)
- Applicants must implement projects that align to and support emergency preparedness and response activities such as surveillance, epidemiology, laboratory capacity, infection control, mitigation, communications, and other efforts.
AI/AN tribal nations and AI/AN regional tribally designated organizations previously awarded funding under Strategy 1 are eligible to submit applications for supplemental FY 2020 funding for COVID-19 Emergency Response Project Plans, according to the Geographic Category (A, B, or C) for which they received initial funding.
None is available.
The nature of the activities proposed will depend on the priorities for affected jurisdictions/areas, but should align to supporting the following emergency/crisis response activities: