The Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta offers a wide range of competitive financial grants to nonprofit organizations in the 23-county metro Atlanta area. Support takes place through multiple programs, including general operating support, as well as programs and partnerships focused on specific areas of interest and need. In addition to financial grants, the Foundation provides consulting and management assistance.
TogetherATL is the Foundation's strategic touchstone, our blueprint for a collaborative approach to equity with community stakeholders, donors and nonprofit partners like you to examine the most complex challenges the region faces and to create solutions that build a thriving region. Together, we will work to secure prosperity for all who call Atlanta home. TogetherATL supports equity strategies, with a focus on racial equity, to build a better, greater region. TogetherATL centers community-informed grantmaking with an emphasis on places and systems.
The Foundation oversees numerous grant opportunities:
Arts, Culture and Creative Industries
- A Place to Perform: A Place to Perform provides grants to nonprofit arts organizations to gain access to performance venues and facilities, so they in turn can produce performing arts experiences for the public.
- Metropolitan Atlanta Arts Fund: The Metropolitan Atlanta Arts Fund was created in 1993 to provide resources to strengthen independent small- and medium-sized arts organizations with annual operating budgets under $2 million located throughout the Foundation's metro Atlanta service area. The Arts Fund provides general operating support for programming and operations to increase public engagement with, and access to, various forms of art across the region.
Income and Wealth
- Details about his program will be posted on July 22, 2022.
- Neighborhood Fund: The Neighborhood Fund provides grants in South Cobb, South Fulton and Thomasville.
- Community Activation: Details about this program will be posted on July 22, 2022.
- Extra Wish: Donors provide monetary contributions for tangible goods that contribute in a clear way to the success of organizations and the people served.
In 2018 $112.5 million in grants were awarded to 2700 Organizations. The Foundation's past grant reports are available here: https://cfgreateratlanta.org/nonprofits/grantreports/.